If you are planning a golf outing for the weekend or a holiday event, it’s a splendid thing to do. Golf outings are one of the most popular outdoor activities in the US, other than biking, hiking, backpacking, cycling, camping, fishing and long road-trips. It’s equally popular as an individual activity, a family outing or a corporate event.
Some of the reasons:
- A fine blend of leisure and activity: Spending 4-5 hours teeing on an 18-hole Golf course involves as much relaxing as concentration, and is worth your time. One does not feel the fatigue or boredom that comes from long hiking or road trips.
- Something for everybody in the family: Most Golf Clubs offer more than just Golf, so Golf aficionados, their spouses and children can all be equally engaged in a fun activity.
- Great food and drink: Golf Clubs, whether private or public offer a reasonably good fare when it comes to food and beverage, so you are spared the hassle of packing food for your outing.
- A taste of the high life: Golf Clubs host a wide spectrum of players from all walks of life. It gives you an opportunity to shake hands or spend time with accomplished people from your city.
- A great way to bond: Golf, like any other sport is filled with intricacies and playing tips that seniors are more than happy to share playing a few rounds with experienced players creates ‘mentor-mentee’ sessions which are good for bonding. Corporates especially enjoy this sentiment to strengthen their relationships with clients and prospects.
- Photographic haven: The rolling hills, lush green courses, sand dunes, beaches, lakes and tree-lined avenues that are found in most high-end courses, are a visual delight. They are free of the clutter that is common in most outdoor venues and make excellent backgrounds for photographs.
- More space, less crowd: Most Golf Clubs offer 18-hole courses with plenty of open spaces and avenues for entertainment. One can avoid the crowds and traffic which is typical of most public or tourist spots.