If you are planning a golf outing for the weekend or a holiday event, it’s a splendid thing to do. Golf outings are one of the most popular outdoor activities in the US, other than biking, hiking, backpacking, cycling, camping, fishing and long road-trips. It’s equally popular as an individual activity, a family outing or a corporate event.
Some of the reasons:
- A fine blend of leisure and activity: Spending 4-5 hours teeing on an 18-hole Golf course involves as much relaxing as concentration, and is worth your time. One does not feel the fatigue or boredom that comes from long hiking or road trips.
- Something for everybody in the family: Most Golf Clubs offer more than just Golf, so Golf aficionados, their spouses and children can all be equally engaged in a fun activity.
- Great food and drink: Golf Clubs, whether private or public offer a reasonably good fare when it comes to food and beverage, so you are spared the hassle of packing food for your outing.
- A taste of the high life: Golf Clubs host a wide spectrum of players from all walks of life. It gives you an opportunity to shake hands or spend time with accomplished people from your city.
- A great way to bond: Golf, like any other sport is filled with intricacies and playing tips that seniors are more than happy to share playing a few rounds with experienced players creates ‘mentor-mentee’ sessions which are good for bonding. Corporates especially enjoy this sentiment to strengthen their relationships with clients and prospects.
- Photographic haven: The rolling hills, lush green courses, sand dunes, beaches, lakes and tree-lined avenues that are found in most high-end courses, are a visual delight. They are free of the clutter that is common in most outdoor venues and make excellent backgrounds for photographs.
- More space, less crowd: Most Golf Clubs offer 18-hole courses with plenty of open spaces and avenues for entertainment. One can avoid the crowds and traffic which is typical of most public or tourist spots.
Planning a Golf Outing
Planning a Golf Outing requires several decisions to be made and careful attention to detail. The number of factors you must consider would depend on whether it’s a family outing, or a corporate event where employees try their luck with a few tees, or take a couple of hours of coaching. However, if you are planning a full-fledged Corporate Golf Event, there are a lot more things to be done and we will cover that in a separate blog.
- Deciding the Date: Although this seems obvious, it’s good to spend some time deciding the date. Factor the weather conditions for the season and look up the weatherman’s forecasts for the day.
- Deciding the Venue: If you live in a city that has more than our course, you can make the decision based on proximity, 9-hole vs. 18-hole, and the need or availability of coaching. Once you are decided, do not forget to make a booking and receive clear confirmations.
- Take a Preliminary Tour: If you are a group of friends planning this outing, factor the skill level of different players and take a preliminary tour, so that there are no unpleasant surprises later.
- Factor Your Budget: Depending on whether you are a family, a bunch of friends or a corporate organization, factor the number of people who may want to tee it up, and course charges. This way, you can avoid unpleasant surprises around your bill.
- Food & Beverages: These are chargeable, so factor what and how much you are willing to pay for, during the outing.
- Planning for Rain: In case of rain, most clubs and courses do not allow you to play for the risk of lightning. You must have a Plan B ready in the eventuality it rains.
- Planning Activities for Non-Golfers: Those friends, family members or employees who do not want to get onto the course can feel left out when their companions are playing. Keeping them engaged through other activities requires a little planning.
For those who have never played golf, a golf outing is a great way to make a start. And for those who do not want to, a golf outing is still a great way to spend a day away from home. Plan the occasion carefully and you will have another memorable day to cherish.
In the meantime take a look at ourGolf Outing Facts and DOWNLOAD our Golf Outings Package Details!